Year 7 students have been collecting pennies to compete in our annual Penny Run.
The efforts from each form were absolutely fantastic, creating a chain of pennies that collectively would stretch over 336 metres.
Well done to all Year 7’s for another wonderful fundraising effort and to the Year 7 tutors for their efforts with this.
Overall figures were:
- Campion = 65 metres with 40p extra, giving a total of £32.90
- Clitheroe = 63 metres with 5p extra, giving a total of £31.55
- Fisher = 35 metres with 39p extra, giving a total of £17.89
- More = 46 metres with 5p extra, giving a total of £23.05
- Sherwin = 58 metres with 27p extra, giving a total of £29.27
- Ward = 69 metres with 34p extra, giving a total of £34.84
With the addition of £3.24 in 2p’s
A total of just over 336 metres of 1p’s and £172.74 was raised for CAFOD with 7 Ward the winning form claiming the prize of an in house cinema afternoon in the Summer term.