Admission to Sixth Form Entry Criteria
English Martyrs’ School Sixth Form offers Catholic Comprehensive education at Years 12 and 13, the Planned Admission Number (PAN) for each year is 120. Information, guidance and advice will be offered to all students in Year 11.
The School invites applications into Year 12 from students who have not previously studied at English Martyrs’, and provides Information Advice and Guidance during Year 11. Applications can be made through LECAP on line applications’.
Offers will be dependent on the student achieving the following minimum entry qualifications:
- For Level 3 courses students will be expected to have achieved at least 5 A*-C grades in GCSE (or hold the equivalent point score from other qualifications. These qualifications should be in different subjects)
- For Level 2 courses students will be expected to have achieved at least 2 C grades in GCSE (or hold the equivalent point score from other qualifications).
- Students studying level 3 in Science and Mathematics courses will be required to have achieved a minimum of Grade B at GCSE in those subjects.
- Students studying Psychology will be required to have achieved a minimum of Grade B at GCSE Science.
- All students are expected to respect the School’s ethos and take part in the Religious Education Programme
- All students are expected to be committed to a rigorous study programme
Students are advised where possible to commit to a two year study programme, providing their choice is appropriate to their abilities and career intentions.